Monday, March 29, 2010

There is a light...

Wow that last entry was quite the random rant. Drugs are good mmmmkay...

There is a light at the end of this tonsil tunnel... Went back to the doc today and he said that I am healing right just slowly because of the procedure he had to do back in December and the fact that I am old.

At the ripe old age of 30 my doctor is calling me old. Nice.

Anyway, feeling a lot better energy-wise. He said that all of a sudden I will feel better in the next few days (something about scabs that I don't want to get into) and be ready to join the real world again. So here I sit for a few more days.

There are only so many soft foods you can eat.

First time that I have spent any real legnth of time by myself (the dog doesn't count) since the surgery. The manfolk has been very attentive and has only slipped away for bits at a time - usually to get or take care of something for me. This afternoon he left with the intent to get some work done, but tragedy interceded.

Yesterday a friend of his passed away. I had only met him briefly at party and don't really remember him, but it has hit the manfolk pretty hard. He and his friends are out this evening pouring some out for their lost friend. Pretty scary - 37 years old and died of liver failure and other complications. When we are this young you excpect sudden disease and accidental death - not your body giving up on you.

I am curious to see how this plays out - the manfolk and I haven't 'been through death' together and this is the type of thing that he takes internally. Hopefully he will let me in and share when he is ready. But for now they are out drowning their sorrows.

I am not one of the people who likes to dress in black and gather at the church to mourn the passing of others. When I go I want to have my organs donated, be cremated, and the people I love to throw a giant party. If funerals are for the living then let the living enjoy the memories and have a good time. I would like to think the people I love would want the same. Once I am gone - remember the good stuff. No need to stage a depressing memorial. Smile - dance - drink -- have one last shenanigan in honor of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment