Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A lesson in happy

If you decide to do something that you know will make you miserable and you don't say no, don't come whining to me.

This is something that has carried over from my all about me streak and something I won't let go of. I used to fill a lot of time in my life doing things that I really didn't want to do, just because of the guilt of saying no to someone.

It feels good to say no sometimes, especially when it is something just going to make you unhappy or miss something you would prefer to do. Granted, there are some things that have to be done, that is part of life (and usually involves family) -- but seriously, if it doesn't make you happy or you don't want to do it just think... will this matter in 6 months? a year? 10 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment