Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Motivation and surgery

I was reading back over my entries here and you can tell when I am having motivational issues at work. I tend to voice it more in this forum.

I am desperately in need of a vacation - preferably the beach - but instead I am having my tonsils out next week. Monday I go under the knife. Apparently it is much more of an ordeal to recover if you are old (as opposed to the lucky little bastards that get it done when they are 4 years old).

I have never had surgery (except for the old wisdom teeth in high school) and am really not looking forward to this. Everyone either has a horror story, tells me I'll lose weight, or says 'at least you get all the ice cream that you want'. I just want to get it over with.

Mom offered to take time off to watch over me and so did the manfolk. He seems pretty set on it so he is going to be my ride and my keeper for at least the first day. Pretty sure this will be a test of true love considering I'll be laying in bed drooling and drugged for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment