Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pet Peeve #5

Leaders that won't make a decision.

And have meetings to talk about the decision that they aren't going to make.

I have a feeling that I have career limited myself because I am willing to make decisions and have come to a point where I sit in these meetings and won't leave until SOMETHING is done or decided. And if they won't let me make the decision, I will point out that there has been no resolution/plan for future action even though we have been there for an hour discussing it.

Even worse when they do that and then the issue just dies. No one follows up. So incredibly irritating.

You are a leader. There is a reason. Grow some balls (even little bitty ones) and use that to make a decision. Even a bad decision is better than no decision at all when you are dealing with non life-altering initiatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment