Monday, June 21, 2010

Why I don't have cable...

... the cable companies.

I applied online for cable and internet this weekend because the manfolk is moving in and it has been determined that it is a relationship life or death requirement.

Verizon called today. My cell phone. Three times. And left me messages to contact them about what building number that I live in.

So I call. Make it through the maze of impossible electronic menus and am advised I will sit on hold for 6 minutes waiting for someone to respond. 7:14 later a lady answers and I give her the basic information.

"We don't have record of you"
"But you called me at this number and told me to call you"
"Are you sure it was this phone number?"
"Yes, it is the only one I have"
"Hmmm. Did you give us a different phone number?"
(deep breath) "Like I said, this is the only phone number I have"
"Well we don't have you in the system. Let me transfer you."

Shit.

Two transfers. Give the same basic information twice.

"Hmmmm we don't seem to have record of you"
"That's what the last two people said"
"Did you get to the part where you put your phone number in?"
"Your people called me this afternoon and I am returning their call"
"I know, but did you get to the part online where you put your phone number in?"
(really deep breath and a pause) "Yes. I assume that is how your person knew to contact me"
"Well, we don't have you in the system. Why don't you give me your social security number and we will rerun your application?"
"Will that show on my credit"
"Of course"
"Um. No. I already did all of this and someone contacted me based on that information and told me to contact you. You can not rerun my credit. If you can't find the file I'll go somewhere else"
"Ok. Well then you should try back later"
"I give up. You guys are making it really difficult to be a customer."

What a waste of my time. AND THESE PEOPLE WANT MY MONEY. So very frustrating.

I used to be on the telephone in customer service. I know how it works. But OH MY GOD I am not an idiot like the people on the other end of the line.

Holy shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment