Saturday, August 14, 2010

My favorite part of the day

Bedtime.

And not for the spanky/NSFD reasons either (though that is fun too - but we are really more of the middle of the day, middle of the night, morning sex people). Bedtime is different...

Usually we get to bed around 11 or so and end up spending hours talking about whatever. It can be absolutely nothing conversation and cuddling but it brings us closer and makes my heart happy. He makes me laugh and listens to all of the little crap that goes through my head and I hear about his day. He tells me stories from his childhood - he is an excellent story teller. Tells me stories about his family and we discuss all of the little parts of life that seem to slip by when the computer is glowing, the tv is on and we are moving around.

It is worth it for the lack of sleep just to have that time, and when I don't have it I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment