Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thoughts in the dark

Why is it that everything can seem good in life during the day, but when it is 3:36 am and you are staring at the ceiling everything can seem so bleak. Stuff that you don't worry about during the day (but maybe should?) pops up and becomes huge.

I've gotten to the point some nights where I am ready to pack up and get out just thinking about all of the hurdles that there are in my relationship. All the job/family/health worries seem to compound themselves at night. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't smother him. I would leave a nicely worded note and try not to steal all of his comfy boxers, but it is just sometimes overwhelming.

When we are spending time together, hell, when he stops snoring and rolls over to cuddle in the morning, all those worries are gone.

And it isn't like I am worrying about much that he doesn't know about or we haven't talked about. There are some things he just doesn't talk about until he feels like it - if ever. But they all just seem bigger at night.

Especially the unknown stuff, questions I don't really get an answer to or when I can tell he's holding back on something. Makes my little nighttime brain worry that there is something out there that may eventually come back to bite us (me).

Maybe it is just me.

Again, life is good - but there is something about the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment