Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something Happy (by request)

A sweet friend of mine told me this afternoon that my last few posts are making him want to shoot himself so I needed to post something happy.

Something happy... I haven't strangled anyone this week.

Probably not what he was getting at.

Just like people are more likely to take the time to file a customer service complaint than a compliment - it is easier to blog when I am irritated or have something to passionately rant about.

Something happy. How about...

We had family dinner last night. I used to dread and rarely have family dinner at mom's. Now we do it a minimum of once a month. It is crazy, hectic and a lot of laughs. The littlest brother (and maid of honor) brought his girlfriend (who will eventually be his wife) and his roommate (one of the greatest people on the planet) to witness it all. The middle brother pretty much sits through it shaking his head.

My mom is a wonderful cook and extremely tolerant of our shenanigans. Last night's focus was the bachelorette party (a country hopping t-shirt boondoggle planned by the youngest), tattoos (the manfolk just got one the day before - post to follow about that), and some reminiscing about trips to jail and how people meet.

We are a good natured group and (in spite of her occasional weak objection to the fact) incredibly open with one another. I am sure it is overwhelming for an outsider, sometimes it can be overwhelming for us, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It makes my heart smile.

How's that for happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment