Monday, February 14, 2011

Some people need a reminder

Sadly, it seems that some people NEED to have a day where they are forced to recognize the one they love (or at least the one they are with) romantically.

People ask what the manfolk and I are doing to celebrate. We really don't. I have mentioned before (see last year's post) that I'm not a fan of being told when to celebrate love -- but as I look around some people are scrambling, perhaps too stuck in the same old rut or taking things for granted each day, where they don't ever spontaneously buy a card/flowers/anything to let that other person know that they are thinking about them.

It is sad. Sad to me that others don't have what I do, also sad that I spent so long not having it in my other life. Proud of myself that I was willing to put everything on the line to find what I have now.

I tell the manfolk each day that I love and appreciate him and he does the same. Not out of any sense of obligation, but just because I mean it. He does a thousand little things (leaves me little notes, folds the laundry, makes my breakfast) each week that show me how much he cares -- and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment