Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On the adventure front

I think I've found something to look forward to... but there is a back story.

Last February I had just moved out and really had a lot going on, and no washer and dryer. So each Sunday I found myself on my brother's recliner doing my laundry and watching movies we have seen a thousand times and drinking beer and talking about life. Well, we are both fans of beaches and adventures and Jimmy Buffett. So we decided to task ourselves with going to every Jimmy Buffett store/cafe and getting a tshirt specific to that location. We started with the first Margaritaville, Key West (see earlier post). Like I said, it was an awesome time. My good friend Dennis joined us (one of my closest friends on the planet who also happens to have a passion for Boat Drinks) and we laid out some rules:

1. It was decided that in order for these adventures to occur all three of us have to be there. That has been a challenge, as often one or two of us are in a town with a Margaritaville without the others and don't dare even enter the establishment. Other people can join us (Toots and Hair went with us to Key West) and the manfolk was there for Orlando, but the three of us HAVE to be there.
2. We must accomplish 3 or more shirts per year (we failed in 2009 with a whopping two).

So, on to this year. On the way back from lunch today I called my brother and we decided on the next t-shirt adventure, we are going for a record four shirts at once. Should be quite random and really the adventure will be a success if we get even one. Time to iron out the details and put it on the calendar...

No comments:

Post a Comment