Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Car buying...

So you are fishing around on the internet looking for some information about a car that you might be interested in. You would like to know the real cost of something you are going to dedicate five years of payments to, so you shoot off one of those form emails asking about the price of a certain car. You even say in the body of the form that you prefer to be contacted via email.

What happens? You get 9 calls from 6 dealerships in a matter of three hours asking you to come visit, not giving you any information. What is the point of sending the original email to get information if all they want you to do is come in and spend half of your Saturday telling them no?

Guess what? If you call me when I asked for an email there is no way I am coming out to your dealership. That is just how I work. One of the first lessons of customer service is serve the customer the way THEY want, and it isn't like I didn't spell it out for them.

Ugh.

That is why in situations like this I am a walk in, find something I like and buy it. Not much shopping around for me in this case because it is too much of a damn hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment