Monday, August 8, 2011

How hard is it to be an intern?

Seriously... I had to fire an intern last week for general incompetence and inability to follow direction. How difficult is being an intern?
Really all you need to do is what you are told. Oh, by the way, we pay our interns and give them airline benefits.

Shit.

Waste of a day and a lot of heartache for the two sweet people who run the program for me. They were absolutely tormented to fire him in the last half of his tenure here. When I sat him down with HR to do the deed he immediately threw them under the bus. That helped make it crystal clear that we made the right decision.

The remaining intern is pretty much scared out of his wits... he is nervous around me at all times now. Ugh. He's a good kid who will probably give himself ulcers if he has to stand in my office too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment