Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home sweet work?

I can't even begin to explain how difficult it was to leave my chaise lounge by the pool and pack yesterday afternoon. Ugh.

The wedding festivities went great -- I had a few moments of being overwhelmed when the last big group of folks arrived from the airport Friday and I still didn't have a photographer. Oh and when we were on the pirate ship and the now-brother-in-law got drunk and decided to climb the rigging -- but other than that it was fantastic.


The resort was great, the staff there was wonderful (with the exception of one crappy bartender), the wedding was just what we wanted and perfect for us. Simple, sandy and surrounded by friends and family. Who would have thought more than 40 people would fly to another country to see us get hitched? We are extremely loved and very lucky.

So i sit at work, wading through the 2000+ emails that were waiting for me and have just a big fat smile on my face. I miss the beach, the time with friends and my 10am pina colada - but have a pile of memories that make me laugh as we start up our new life together.

It's good to be happy and well loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment