Monday, June 6, 2011

The Scare

Just about everyone I know has had 'The Scare', some in high school (sinners... ha ha ha) some later in life -- that horrible few hours from realizing you are late, buying the test (the ultimate walk of shame) and waiting for the little line to appear.

As I was taking my ABV (anti-baby vitamin a.k.a. birth control) last night I was thinking about how different life would be if it wasn't actually a scare.

My first one was just after my senior year in high school with a guy who was a mistake in general - the kid would be 13 or so now, HOLY BALLS.

The others (yes, plural) didn't happen until college with the person who ended up being my first husband. Which weren't really scares because, come to find out, it isn't likely that he can have kids without medical intervention anyway. Still, if it wasn't a scare I would most likely still be married to him, perhaps miserable and would have a kid in the 4th grade (or so)

Yikes.

As I take my ABV, just over a month from the wedding, I realize that The Scare doesn't really scare me any more. Not with the manfolk (my almost husband) and our little life. It is interesting, and a bit scary, knowing that it would be hugely difficult (emotionally, physically, financially, etc.) but that we would be in it together.

God I'm getting mushy in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment