Monday, June 27, 2011

Dare you to ask me for a referral...

So, the manfolk and I handed off the stateside planning of our wedding to a long time friend of his who is (I would say was at this point) trying to become a wedding/event planner.

Saturday, 22 days prior to the wedding, she texts the manfolk that she isn't coming to the wedding. The excuses are quite flimsy. We knew she might flake on us earlier, but figured at this point she was fully invested and there was no turning back. We were wrong.

So Sunday I posted a facebook message as such:
"Knew planning was going too smoothly -- not good when your wedding coordinator isn't going to the wedding"

She went apeshit. On facebook. I ended up deleting the thread because she was making an ass of herself.

And I feel guilty - WTH? She bails three weeks prior to the wedding and I feel guilty. Shit. I'm too nice. I've been agitated over the whole thing for about 24 hours and really need to make myself chill out.

Haven't talked to her, everything has been through text. I just sent her an email proposing a truce (I need her knowledge of the inner workings of our wedding and also hope to salvage the friendship because I don't think it is worth losing over her being a flake) and put it in her court.

We shall see.

Needless to say she won't be getting a good referral and there has been a serious loss of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment