Friday, July 22, 2011

Babies in the making

Came home from one peice of sad news. A friend of mine (who is also in our bookclub) lost her baby girl at 16 weeks of pregnancy.

It's kinda scary. I never thought much about it, but now that my close friends are having kids (quite a few of us waited to have them until post 30) and I see what some are going through to concieve it is a little intimidating.

The manfolk and I have talked about trying soon (he's seven years older than I am and I'm not really a spring chicken as far as uterus' go) and then keep saying maybe after _________________ (fill in the blank - he gets a steady job, we get a house, etc.)

Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? It's a pretty wacky movie about the gradual dumbing down of society, but the first five minutes make me think about quite a few folks that I know. It shows the classic stereotype of a trailer trash situation where they have no money or brains but breed like rabbits. On the converse you have the 30 something college educated folks who basically waited until they felt that the time was 'right' to have kids, when actually their time had passed and they are unable.

Who knows when the time is 'right'?

I don't want to be that couple.

If we have the opportunity to bring some well loved kids into the world I know we will make them great - even if we aren't in the same 'place' material-wise (money, house, etc.) that others feel we should be at this time in our lives.

We are happy - I believe that counts for a lot. I love our little life and know that whatever happens kids would just add to it.

For the first time ever I think I could get through anything with someone and I would like to share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment