Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Divided dinner

Having dinner tonight with a couple that is big with the divided loyalty issue. Friend of mine since the 6th grade married a guy who became the ex's best friend. Their way to cope is to not say anything about one of us (me and the ex) to the other and just pretend like that part of their life doesn't exist when the other is around. It has to be rediculously stressful. I have made it clear to every one of my friends that it isn't nessicary to hide stuff and I would rather hear about their life than the guarded version -- but to each their own.

Anyway, having dinner with them tonight and kinda nervous about it because the situation puts me on guard.

Shouldn't be that way with friends. Especially ones you used to do everything with and could be yourself with the most. i just don't have tolerance for it anymore.

Maybe something just has to change. Natural attrition of friends? I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment