Sunday, September 5, 2010

The News

I don't watch the news.

The news is generally depressing. So and so beat their spouse. Someone ran over their kid. Someone went on a shooting spree. A cop got run over trying to help an old lady fix her tire. It just goes on and on. It is like a hour long lesson in how miserable people are.

I just don't watch it. Never have (even when I had TV before and now that I do have TV again). The ex used to watch it every morning (turns out he is fixin' to marry the person who was his favorite local morning news anchor while we were together - but that is a completely different story) and I just never could tolerate it. Who wants to wake up to the misery of it.

Capturing and displaying the misery of humanity destroying humanity. With the occasional 'feel good' piece in there (which usually starts by talking about someone's misery).

I have better things to do with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment