Friday, December 3, 2010

Movin' on up

I mentioned the other day that we had to find a place to live. It is actually the same apartment complex that we are currently in.

In July the manfolk moved into my tiny (just over 700 sq ft) one bedroom apartment with me. It has been good, we don't drive each other crazy yet, just need a little more space. Especially since it is two people over 6 foot tall and two dogs over 60 lbs each.

Since my lease is up in January and we want to save money to eventually buy something of our own we were looking to stay in the same price area and just go a little bit bigger. Now, I don't negotiate, but the manfolk does. He tried, they said no, I turned in my 60 day move out notice.

They promptly called a day later with a better deal than we had asked for on a place just two buildings away.

Apartment price jacking. I don't get it. Punish the people for staying until they call your bluff?? Good people who aren't trashy (like some of my neighbors) and actually pay their rent on time. I don't get it.

Oh well, it worked out in the end and we have a place that is finally our place to move into next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment