Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wedding Flashback

We went to a wedding the other night. It was an old friend of the manfolk that he has seen twice in 5 years. We didn't know anyone there except their mutual ex-boss and his wife. Not a big deal.

Walked into this gaudy catholic church and flashbacks of my first wedding nearly sucked the breath out of me. The whole thing. I was struck absolutely by everything around, it was just too much like my first. I couldn't speak.

Let me tell you a little about my first... I basically just showed up. The ex (he is catholic) picked the church and my stepmonster (she knows we call her that and thinks it is great) picket the rest. I basically got a dress and showed up. I tried to pick some stuff, but I would be overruled by the stepmonster with the purse strings. So I gave up and went along. No biggy. It was beautiful, incredibly overdone and not really me at all, but beautiful and traditional.

It was amazing to me that the other day, just weeks from getting engaged to a wonderful manfolk that I desperately want to marry, I could be so disillusioned just by walking into a situation like my old one.

I am not terribly good with words and I am at a loss at the moment to explain the impact just walking in had on me. The absolute desire to run away.



Oh and the bride's parents obviously spent a HUGE amount of money on this fancy Dallas social-ite wedding and she pretty much threw it completely off track with a sparkly dress that had her tits hanging out of it. If we had stayed long at the reception I would have taken bets on which song would have made her bounce out of her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment