Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nothing but sad

So the same brother in law that pulled the crap on his kids right before Christmas has now decided that he should have let his ex get full custody because the kids are a "burden" Are you kidding me? They are kids. They require some maintenance. You knew that when you started this whole thing. And if you didn't you should have figured it out with the first one and not had three. And you only have them every other week. You only need to parent half of the time! He is lucky, they are healthy and beautiful and (when they have some structure and are getting some attention) really good kids. And yet... He has sunken so far into himself and his depression that it hurts to watch but he doesn't want to hear it. I am glad that my mother in law is helping with them, she may be overbearing at times but she has those kids best interest at heart and will do anything for them. But she is not their parent, and shouldn't be put in that position. Sad sad sad. As the new(ish) sister in law with a mere six months of parenting under my belt it is hard to know when it is my place to speak up. Thankfully my manfolk is on my side on this so we can vent together, but there is little we can do beyond that besides support the kids when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment