Saturday, December 24, 2011

When I was little...

This used to be the longest day of the year. I remember running with my brothers trying to wear ourselves out so we'd want to go to sleep earlier, listening with them after lights out to see if we could hear Santa, watching the I Love Lucy marathon on regular TV (no cable back then) just to make the time pass faster. Happy memories from a great childhood.

In college that changed when my folks split and Christmas Eve became Christmas With Dad - so we now essentially get two Christmases. Very cool for a Christmas buff like me, and in years past the one at dad's could provide fodder for a very dysfunctional Christmas movie (think Griswold but drunker and with more random people around).

Still haven't lost my pre-Christmas excitement. Love the feeling, love the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment