Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Road Trip Game

I have always been fond of roadtrips. When I first married the now-ex we had no money so if we wanted to vacation we usually drove to visit family. Love me some road trippin. Did it a lot as kids and have very fond memories (except for when the littlest brother would feel the need to stop and pee at ever exit during the last stretch of each trip).

As an adult I've developed a raod trip game. Works if you are stuck in traffic too and best if you have control of the music (iPod, CDs or whatever).

I mentioned on my last post that I wake up with a song in my head every morning. Well it turns out that just about every song I hear is also associated with a particular memory. I've polled people and it turns out often that it is the same with them.

So, when you are sitting in the car with someone that you want to know more about - flip on the iPod and take turns listening to a variety of different music and telling each other about the associated memory. You can learn a lot about people, usually have some laughs and it kills time. Note: Don't act like a prying jerk, it is mean for casual fun.

I like it as a tool to learn -- even people who don't like to fall into the category of 'difficult to get to know' usually like some type of music and will participate.

Music works on people like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment